RecurDyn/Durability is a toolkit for fatigue simulation that calculates fatigue strength and durability measures, such as fatigue life, fatigue damage, and safety factor, using the stress and strain results of a flexible body obtained through MFBD (Multi Flexible Body Dynamics) analysis. It implements the prediction theory for engineering fatigue and approximately 180 material libraries.
In the RecurDyn multi-physics environment, the dynamic analysis of the work cycle of an assembly of rigid bodies and flexible bodies can be done accurately and efficiently. The load histories that are output are seamlessly transferred to the toolkit for the calculation of fatigue strength. The analysis does not require the exchange of data with other software. Fatigues analysis of both nonlinear flexible bodies (FFlex) and modal (linear) flexible bodies (RFlex) is supported by the Durability toolkit.
- Supports various options of fatigue analysis theory: Manson-Coffin, ASME, Brown-Miller, Morrow, Smith-Watson-Topper, Goodman, Gerber
- Provides about 180 material libraries
- Supports User-Define S-N Curve (Linear/Exponential Interpolation Type, Mean Stress Effect)
- Supports both FFlex and RFlex
- Visually displays the Damage Vector and Maximum Damage Vector through the contour
- The Safety Factor for the desired Node or Patch in the contour result
- Displays Rainflow Counting in Microsoft Excel
- Displays Stress/Strain Time History as a graph in RecurDyn
- Calculates Rainflow Counting and Time History results for the specified patch
Easily performs from flexible body dynamics to durability analysis in RecurDyn without exchanging data with other software